Home buyer programs - $8000 federal tax credit.
A highlight of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- The tax credit is for first-time home buyers only. For the tax credit program, the IRS defines a first-time home buyer as someone who has not owned a principal residence during the three-year period prior to the purchase.
- The tax credit does not have to be repaid.
- The tax credit is equal to 10 percent of the home’s purchase price up to a maximum of $8,000.
- The credit is available for homes purchased on or after January 1, 2009 and before December 1, 2009.
- You must live in the property for 3 years of repay the tax credit.
- Single taxpayers with incomes up to $75,000 and married couples with incomes up to $150,000 qualify for the full tax credit.
For more information on this program or others contact Chris Frantz of EDU Real Estate Group today to see if you qualify.